Things you don't know about me (yet)
Here is a painting I did of Grady in 2000 or 2001. I did a charcoal sketch - amazed that he would sit for me - and then painted it. I always thought it captured his personality well.
I've always loved Andy Warhol's cat paintings, and my favorite artists have almost always been Jackson Pollack and Andy Warhol - but his shoes and cats, not the soup cans. I think I have mentioned the cats before. But I know I write precious little about art and that's ironic. So maybe I will show you some things that I like.
1. This crazy site called "Women and Dogs" which is not pervy AT ALL, just old pictures of ladies and their canines. It's really quite endearing.
2. Found Magazine - a super cool idea and very interesting as a group art project.
3. For a long time, over and over, I drew and painted pictures of bald people with no foreheads. I have sketchbooks full of them. I never in my life thought I'd have a career in art.
4. On my fridge I have 2 more pictures of bald people with no foreheads.
5. I have just, idiotically, managed to delete every photo I took in April, except the ones I uploaded to Flickr.
6. I really did have this Trio album back in high school.
7. Another song I really liked back in high school went "Barbara is very cool / she just finished law school" and was some kind of alternative thing that I have never been able to find again.
8. My aunt Jeanette scared the tar out of me when I was in junior high by letting me read this crazy book of stores. One was about a weird family that lived in the woods and had red hair and were all lefthanded and kept talking about abominations. I don't know the name of it, but I have tried to find it. She died in 1986 so I can't ask her. She was a makeup artist (theater) and ever since then I have been interested in makeup.
(well, maybe later.)