Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Stunned at my sudden bravery

Apparently knitting the Great Gray Thing has given me courage like no other knitting project. I'm midway through a lovely worsted-weight lace project, which you can see more about over at Ravelry, but not here (yet); I cast on for a sock with only an approximation of what I was going to do with it (and it's worked); and I've a sudden urge to knit something from Rowan.

Yes, you heard me. Rowan. Which, aside from knitting a Debbie Bliss pattern in black yarn on 2mm needles is the kind of thing I'm most afraid of when it comes to knitting. The idea of knitting a Rowan sweater normally sounds to me like 1800 yards of pure torture. But for some reason it sounds like the perfect winter knitting.

First I need to finish the lace and the sock, and then I'm going to buzz through a giant garter-stitch scarf (because I've decided that a 14 or 15" wide scarf makes the garter stitch new again), and THEN I'm going to get my grubby, lanolin-covered paws on the Rowan PureLife Autumn brochure, and make a large cabled sweater.

I am not a sweater-knitter. We'll see if I actually do it.

In the meantime, in addition to everything else in my life, I'm thankful for warm wool socks and that I have all the yarn I can knit. Happy Thanksgiving to you, knitters. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger kemtee said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Jen. Hope it's been a great weekend.

9:13 PM  
Blogger bobbins said...

I am so pleased to see you blogging again. Your tutorial on stranded knitting is the one that made the most sense to me. I can continue to knit continental and my project proceeds at a nice pace.

Love the great grey thing, and it is gorgeous.
Tobey

2:27 PM  
Anonymous yujiayao said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home