Sunday, April 22, 2007

This color is not Charcoal

I'd probably call it Ink if it were up to me. Here's the start of Twist (from ChicKnits), in the new Cotton-Ease, color Charcoal (yeah right).

Twist

I got gauge on #6's (as you can see from my swatch - the number of decreases = the needle size I used, I knit it right in), knit the ribbing on 5s and away I went. It's not super fast knitting but also not bad, and I like the fabric.

I'm amazed at how much I like this yarn. It's a teeny bit stiff to work with, but looks and feels good and drapey and like a much more expensive yarn than it is. I went with something cheaper for my first sweater...but I don't feel like I compromised. It would be a great yarn to use for Shedir.

I'm off to make a water-bottle cozy for meself, and enjoy the beautiful beautiful sunshine outside...while Fee chases birds.

Fee checks out a bird

(If you click that one and then All Sizes and then the biggest size you can really see her eyes well. She's a pretty pretty lass.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Looking good!! I've got it in Taupe for something! :)

4:58 PM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

Your cottony stitches are so even and pretty! And charcoal or no, it's WAY better than the day-glo shades I'm used to seeing Cotton Ease in. Did LB release new colors?

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fee is just beautiful! What kind of camera gives you such great pics? (lately I'm coming here just to look at the kitty pics! he he)

6:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Holly! The camera is a Fuji FinePix F20 SE. Easy to use and takes good pics - I highly recommend it!

7:05 PM  
Blogger twellve said...

that color reminds me of tar. we used to tar the driveway every summer and it was very dark til it dried into a color incredibly similar to your yarn. not much better than charcoal, i'm afraid. :)

11:05 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, I might have to try the new Cotton-Ease sometime. Is it significantly different from the old Cotton-Ease?

Ah, Fee - you are lovely inded!

7:42 AM  
Blogger ellipsisknits said...

That is the best idea ever with the decreases. I always mean to label my swatches, and never do. Here's a prize for wish-I-thought-of-that!
-C

8:02 AM  
Blogger Elinor said...

Yeah, I consider myself a yarn snob but I *heart* CE. Both old and new. I think it's nicer than Rowan All-Seasons Cotton (less splitty too). And it gets softer as you wash it. It's one of my all-time favorites.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home