Thursday, April 12, 2007

A reading assignment

Cara has a good post today. It's not about knitting - it's about how we all treat each other in the knitting community.

It's really easy to fire off a comment or email in anger. It's a lot harder to bite your tongue and let the person self-destruct. I don't really understand the appeal of "anonymous" - and I know some blogs get that really bad.

At any rate, I'm grateful and thankful that y'all who comment here go right along with my particular brand of crazy. So far all the comments I've got are nice ones. I appreciate that so, so much! Thanks for spreading love and goodness around with me. It makes me happy. Never underestimate the power of words to build others up!

In other news, I took down the post with the passion week chart in it. It's not that I've changed my mind, but I have become more familiar with the other side of the argument and I think there's a case to be had for both sides. So for the time being I'm not advocating any position. The important point is the same no matter what the details are. I like to think I am a perpetual student, and when I'm not sure about something, I don't talk about it. I'm not one of those verbal processer types.

I have a blinding sinus headache today. Last night the wind blew and blew and a Certain Porch Princess was outside all night and then I let her in and didn't brush her because I thought that the storm rained all the pollen away. Turns out that the wind dried it all out and it's once again coating everything. Just when the burn on my hand stops hurting, I get a headache in the middle of my forehead. Pretty funny.

I'm off to have some fish tacos and see if the advil I just took will help. Also I think a certain tv character named Juliet makes my head hurt.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! Hi Grady! Hi Fee!

I had a total ton-o-fun dancing last night.

I like you. You rock.h

12:54 PM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

hmm, I think I missed the PW chart... now I'm curious...

feel better! xo.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, Jen. Not only with the sinuses, but with Juliet. Perhaps we don't have sinuitis, but Julietitis. That b*tch!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Remember the whole "Everything I Needed to Know, I Learned in Kindergarten"? Cara's post really reminded me of that!

Bummer about the pollen. We haven't been hit yet.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I really enjoyed the passion week chart quite a bit. Glad that you shared it for even a little while - knowledge of any kind is good in my mind, regardless of what "side" it comes from.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home