Monday, April 30, 2007

A small sigh of relief

Friday morning, Grady was laying in the litter box. (Note to y'all cat owners, this is not normal behaviour.) After a little googling and calling the vet, I took him in. It turned out he had a 103 fever! (Even though cats have a higher body temperature this is still high.) He kept him till yesterday afternoon to do a CBC profile and give him antibiotic shots (sorry, Schmade). The blood work isn't back yet, but the vet isn't expecting anything serious. Grady doesn't act sick, he's eating just fine, not even a cough or a sneeze. But to tell you the truth now that he's home and I've observed him a bit I'm fairly certain he had a bladder infection going. Box use made a sharp downturn when it was just me and Fee, and he's using it a lot less now that he's home. Poor kitty. I most especially feel bad that I have to shove pills down his throat twice a day (sorry Schmade) but I am very grateful it wasn't anything serious. So now we know that the look in his eyes last time wasn't evil - it was "I feel terrible, don't point that thing at me."

This morning he is convalescing:

Schmade recovers

And I started a new sock, having frogged my old "Conwy" sock-in-progress because I just wasn't feeling the love. This is the Retro Rib Sock from Favorite Socks, in Scout's handpainted sock yarn (Zutano). (Don't you love "Hunker Down"? Hurricane lingo is just weird.) The yarn wasn't striping at all with 66 stitches, it was pooling vertically all over the place - this is 64 and I'm getting lovely stripes. Go figure!

Retro Rib Sock

I made a lot of progress on the back of my cardi this weekend. I have about an inch and a half to go before I divide for the shoulders. :) WOO!

Sorry for the silencio, but I wasn't in the mood to talk about Schmade - talking about things while they are happening always makes them bigger to me.

6 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Aww, poor Grady. I hope he feels 100 percent, soon.

I don't knit, Jen, but I love seeing the pictures of your progress on projects. You're the uber cool knitting machine!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Oh, poor Grady :( Get well soon!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

I'm glad he's on the mend!

8:19 AM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

Aw, take care Grady! I love finding that magic striping number -- the retro rib looks great. :)

9:24 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Poor Grady!! I'm glad he's doing better and it wasn't FLUTD or something like that...

11:35 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

I wish I looked as good as Grady when I was on the mend. He should at least have man scientist fur or something.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home