Friday, April 06, 2007

I'm finished, and leaving the lights on!

I can't believe I picked this up less than a week ago and I'm already finished. That means I let it sit in my UFO basket for a year, and all it needed was a week of love.

Well, y'all, I'm going to be feeling the love, because luckily it's only 46 degrees today and the low is 19 tonight. That means I will be able to wrap myself in fabulousness for about five more days, then I'll have to wait till fall. Behold, knit side and purl side:

Knit side

Purl side

Pattern: Clapotis, by Kate Gilbert
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Gold Hill, 2 full skeins and about 1/2 of a third
Needle: #6 INOX Express
Started: November 5 2005
Completed: April 6 2007

Modifications: None, but I did accidentally put 7 stitches in one section. I think I forgot a final decrease, and I had some wonkiness at the bottom of one dropped stitch to fix. But otherwise, all I changed was the yarn.

Would I knit it again? You bet! And I wouldn't quit!

I am not blocking it.

19 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Lovely!!! Makes me want to make another one!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's lovely!!!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Oh, I love Gold Hill. It looks FABULOUS as a Clapotis!!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That yarn is gorgeous! Glad you finished it!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Shayla said...

Its GORGEOUS!! Oh and you're not the last one. I've had mine sitting on the needles untouched for at least a couple of months now.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm almost done with my third Clapotis (LL Worsted in Bittersweet). I just ran out of yarn so have to order some more and wait to finish it up. Your's is GORGEOUS! It makes me want to start on #4. How many skeins of the sport weight did you use??

3:30 PM  
Blogger Delia said...

It's 90 degrees here today - I'm jealous of your weather!!! The clap looks great.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

How many skeins did this take? I really want to make one and I was really thinking Shepherd Sport would rock it!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous!!! Yay! Sadly, mine has been a UFO almost as long, and it's a mini one..wonder if I give it a 1/2 week of love ;)

Enjoy it!! It'll go with a lot of outfits!!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I was excited about the cold snap so I could wear my clapotis for a little while again!

It looks great!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it - just gorgeous!

4:59 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

It turned out beautiful! I owuld say well worth the week of love.

5:06 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I love that colorway! Beautiful Clap!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Soooo pretty. When you do another one, might I suggest the SWTC Bamboo? It's delicious!!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! I'm getting that Clapotis lust again too. I wouldn't block it either, and didn't block my first one. I think that bumpiness is part of the allure.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so pretty!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Congrats! Kate always tells me people shouldn't block it anyway!

I want to see it on!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Grandma Barb said...

That's beautiful, Jen. I should make one - one of these days.

9:04 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

That is beautiful, I am so pleased the weather is in your favour so you can wear it. It is lovely.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home