Monday, April 23, 2007

Inspired by the comments section

Hi y'all! I'm super busy today and I have about 2.5 minutes to post, so I'm using topics from the comments section:

1. The camera is a Fuji FinePix F20 - it's relatively inexpensive, does a lot of fun stuff and is a great camera. Fairly easy to use as well. I think they are around $300.

2. The Cotton-Ease...I found the old CE to be really splitty. This yarn isn't, though I can imagine that repeated tinkings would probably make it fray a little. (Repeated tinkings would make ME fray a little anyway.)

3. I didn't notice any pastel colors while I was picking out this yarn. There was terra cotta, a mossy green, a maize-y yellow, taupe, Not Charcoal, a lighter yellow, a blue I did not care for at all, and it seems like there was a really lurid red as well. The colors seem more classic than in the past. Hated the old colors. (Sorry.)

4. Short tutorial on the cheat-sheet swatch decreases: a few rows into your stockinette (but near the bottom so you can still measure farther up), you yo/k2tog equal to the number of the needle you're using. For mine I did six yo/k2tog combos because I was using a #6. See! See? :) It's a funny photo, so you can't see that there are actually six holes in it. (I hope there are six holes in it, just kidding.) Next row and all further, continue your swatch as usual. On that return row, don't knit the yo's through the back loops! The holes are your cheat sheet. Can't remember where I heard this. Love it!

5. Bonus free note: Cascade 220, if knitted into a Nalgene Bottle Cozy, will smell like wet dog sheep. Paton's wool will not. Just sayin'. If sheepy goodness isn't your thang while you're drinking water, you might want to watch out.

6. I am lining up to buy Laurie's book.

3 Comments:

Blogger ellipsisknits said...

I had some katia nordic once that was lovely soft yarn, but smelled kinda doggy when it got wet. I wonder what it is that causes that. In any case, it would definetly be more objectionable when combined with drinking, so good to know.
I made a scarf with mine which I gifted to a then-friend who turned out to be pretty creepy, so giving them a stinky scarf doesn't weigh to hard on my conscience.
-C

3:54 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Thanks for the heads up on the yarn to use for the bottle cozy! I guess Lamb's pride would be out too, think of the mohair you'd have to worry about! ;)

Good to know the new CE doesn't split as much. :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Heh, but they had BLACK before. And now they just have ink...

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home