Monday, May 21, 2007

Slightly more "normal", slightly less "crazy"

Sweater knitting sure takes a bite out of my sock-knitting time. I'm trying to find some balance, because I really do love knitting socks and I have been very non-productive for a while. I keep picking bad pattern-yarn combinations. Last weekend I was treated to several long plane rides. I'm also a very effective knitter in hotel rooms, so I got an awful lot done on the first of my sockapalooza socks. Only problem is, I had this nagging feeling about the gusset. I couldn't find anything specifically wrong, though, so I just kept going. I'm not very far past the gusset, but I haven't touched the socks all week. And wouldn't you know it, I realized yesterday I left off an entire pattern repeat on the leg. They are very short socks, indeed. So it being two full months before the deadline, you know what I'm going to do later today, don't you?

I was trying to get the right front of Twist finished this weekend, but it didn't happen. Wildly unrealistic. I'm traveling all weekend next weekend, and it's very doubtful I'll work on it while I'm gone. I'm a much better sock-knitter on vacation, and I've got some other projects queued up as well. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up.

I was laying low all weekend, still not feeling tops but a little better than I did. It's lovely and green around here again and a constant visual reminder of why I love Tennessee.

Hope your Monday is happy! Pictures tomorrow (I hope). I'm on my last final deadline stretch before I'm all caught up (didn't I just say that?) and hopefully I've got it sorted. This is a "normal" deadline, not a "crazy" deadline. If I finish it tomorrow as planned I'll be able to relax for the next week, yay!

1 Comments:

Blogger pamela wynne said...

So glad to hear you're feeling a bit better -- and that you've got enough time to rip back the sock pal sock. :)

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home