Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It holds a lot, too

This weekend was...interesting. I watched my first-ever Kentucky Derby, that was fun but I have to confess I'm still not sure I "get" the whole Derby thing. Also, my tv crapped out on me. After more than six years together, it let me down. There was a big blue blob on one side of the screen, and a big green blob on the other. And it wasn't a greenish cast, either - it was kelly green. So Sunday found me wandering around inside Best Buy wishing I actually wanted to spend $900 on an HDTV. The sales guy ended up talking me out of it anyway, when he said that regular TV on an HD model was basically less than worthless. Maybe next time I'll make the leap, but for now I have a nice new regular tv with no green and blue blotches.

Next I got fed up with a corner of my apartment, which was a total cluttery yarnish mess even though I've cleaned out bags of stash and tried really hard to get a handle on my WIPs. I originally wanted to get some big drawer-things from IKEA to fit under the windows, but not only are they sold out, they are discontinued. And I am still bummed about that.

So the next best thing was this storage trunk that holds a lot of yarn. There are a few odd balls in there, plus my sock-yarn stash and about four bags of yarn. I have a lot of sock yarn. Not what some people have, but a lot. So this thing holds a lot. Barring the acquisition of extra rooms with big furniture for yarn storage, this is a pretty good answer.

So this is the corner now, except for that I got one complaint that the picture looks dumb. I don't think it looks dumb. Maybe just me. I am going to work this weekend on cutting the clutter a little more.

Trunk in action

And one of...you know. She is not a morning kitty. And one of the sky this morning, which makes me wish I was a morning person. I am more of a late-afternoon gal.

Mad, mad kitty

Blue sky

Just started the left-front armhole shaping on Twist. It's not too bad.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I can relate to Fee!! More caffeine...

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a big trunk, too, full of yarn. And lots more stuffed in other places... :::sigh::: and we won't talk about fiber that needs to be spun!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, I'm from Louisville, KY, and I don't get the Derby either. Been once, that's enough for me! :)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yes! More caffeine!! Love the trunk, I wish I had the room for something like that.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Grandma Barb said...

I love your corner!! I have 3 trunks - but then I switched to Target cubicles with color drawers. Still can't find anything! Let me know how you like those needles. I bought the smaller ones and like them a lot.

Barb :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

She may not be a morning kitty, but she's darn cute. Good luck with the clutter control!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home