Monday, May 14, 2007

Hey, my internet works again!

Hi y'all! Sorry for being so silent for so long but yesterday my internet wasn't working at all. I tried everything I could think of.

Here's my weekend, in a nutshell:
1. Got up at 4:30am and flew to Indianapolis through Chicago. (Indy is on the wayyyyy to Chicago, people at American Airlines, don't y'all have maps?)
2. Asked for directions to a certain giant retailer in Indy. Instead of going down road A and turning left at road B, was instructed to take road A to road C, then road D and finally road B. Got lost. When we had four possibilities for turning, we took all but the right one in our search for the hotel. Saw more Indiana farmland than we ever care to again.
3. Had a rental car that featured an automatic stick shift, but both my editor and I were so tired that it took us a full 15 minutes to figure out we didn't have to use it that way. (There is a regular automatic built in.)
4. To compound the horror, we saw a clown waving at us from the side of the road.
5. Got to our meeting site only to find that right around the corner was...a certain giant retailer (different location).
6. Went back to airport to fly to Chicago again. Forgot to get gas in rental car. (Probably used a 1/4 tank driving around getting lost. Or un-lost.) Got stared at by a dude with a Bert eyebrow. (Notice I did not say "Bert eyebrowS." It looked to be knitted from black fun-fur.)
7. Flew to Chicago. Had 2-hour layover in Chicago and distressing meal at Chili's during which we were held hostage by a slow waitress.
8. Finally made it back to Nashville with partial sanity intact.

I did knit a whole lot, but I'm running behind this morning and can't show you pictures. I worked on my sockapalooza socks. I like how they are turning out, but there is one dodgy area I need to ask y'all about.

Also, Happy Mother's Day to my mom, who used to be a pediatric nurse and was checking out a niece for some leg problems my sister had when she was little (she doesn't have them):

Mama

And to my stepmom, telling my hammy nephew to sit down:
Step-mama

My grandma, and all the other mothers out there. :o)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yikes - sounds like an extremely trying trip to Indy!

11:01 AM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

Glad you're back! Sorry about the clown [shudder].

6:06 PM  
Blogger Grandma Barb said...

Maybe you could have driven faster to Indy? Our internet was out for almost 24 hours from Saturday to Sunday. They were very reluctant to do anything about it after being on the phone with them until midnight. I offered to "call the Tennessean, Channels 2,4 and 5 and also the governor, not to mention the Public Service Commission - no screaming - just my soft sort of undertaker voice. :)

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home