Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Stop laughing

Say hello to my Pomatomus:
More monkeys

Yep, your eyes do not deceive you.

Ripping out the Pomatomuses felt so good I just kept right on going - I got a dropped stitch in the lace pattern and when, when will I realize that this pattern and I just do not like each other? it's fun to knit, seriously, but I never do a good job of it and now I'm tired of trying. It's not that there is anything hard about it - it's just not hanging. And y'all remember my excellent experience with my first pair of Monkeys. These are better. Made a lot of progress last night and managed to rip back a bunch of Twist (where I forgot a cable crossing) and reknit and go about ten rows farther (thank you, crappy season finale of 24!).

Behold, half of an extremely curly right-front of Twist:
Twist again

Grady, with an unidentified white object on his nose:
Grady

Fee, plotting my complete destruction:
Fee

That's all for today. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I did the same thing! Pomatomus and me just don't get along. But me and Embossed Leaves? We tight, yo. I've already finished one and started the second since Saturday.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I'm on the second of a pair of Monkeys--so far, so good, but the going is tough because the recipient Absolutely Cannot Wear Wool so I got stuck knitting with cotton sock yarn. Not fun. Never again. But I'm itching to try Pomatomus (which I keep wanting to call Potamus as in Hippo). I don't know--I think your socks look fine. Maybe it's the 24 effect? ;-)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hmmm... beware of Fee!

3:37 PM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

Apart from the Pomatomus strife, this is such a feel-good post: Pretty Monkeys! Fluffy kitties! And such a great pal-package (mmmm, stroopwafels).

6:02 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Lovely color! Sometimes I guess we are not meant to knit certain things! Looking good!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home