Wednesday, May 23, 2007

SQUEE!

Remember a while ago I was talking about getting a custom case made for my Options needles? Because I am so not down with the black binder. Well, Zonda and I put our heads together and an Idea was hatched.

She worked all week on the Idea, and today the Idea arrived in the mail. Now, if you are the type that likes custom cases and you have an Options set, this is for you. (As always, click for bigger.) I can't believe nobody makes these! Meet my new case!

Options case

Custom Options case

It holds my entire Options set of size 4 - 13 needle tips. What you're seeing there is my set minus the 4's and 6's, 2 40" cords, 2 32" cords, 2 24" cords, all the endcaps and keys that came with those cords (I think there are 6 of those little baggies plus the needle size tag and my Threaded Bliss gauge ruler/needle sizer.

Custom Options case

Aren't you just the teensiest bit jealous? Of the efficiency, the Amy Butler fabric, the sturdiness? The sheer beautifulness of it?(The brown was my idea and might not be your cup of tea. I love it. So there.) I am so glad I'll be able to find my needles without measuring them, and see at a moment's glance which ones are in use.

As a bonus, she made me a box bag! (This is probably better used for knitting but I really want to use it as a travel bag for makeup.)

Box bag

And also! A lovely bucket tote with wooden handles! The Options kit fits right in there, but I think I would rather use this to carry a project-in-progress.

3 bags

I believe Zonda can be coerced into making and selling more of these. I'm not sure about the price she set, but mine was very reasonable - a little more than the Binder, but well worth it! Go give our girl some love! :)

16 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That turned out freakin' AWESOME!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thank you!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an amazing case! I so desperately need one. And by need I of course mean want.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!

I am soooooo jealous! I don't have an options kit - but I want those bags!

I've got 2 ZKnitter totes - and I adore them...

I'm going to have to bug her for more!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Brilliant!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh, wow, that is totally awesome! I love the brown with the blues! Very modern. Zonda has a future enterprise making these things, I think. Very chic.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd love a binder. I have some great AB fabric that I would love to use. Maybe she'd let me provide the fabric for mine? If not, I'd take one in really any Amy Butler fabric. I love her stuff.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Grandma Barb said...

What a beautiful set - I love the fabric. How are those needles?

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I now want to buy Options needles just to have an excuse to get one of those binders!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I never felt the urge to buy Options... until now!

7:38 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Drooling over here!! Love it !!! Love it!!! Yeap, I'm with Batty...I'd buy the Options just to have that cute base!!

12:09 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

She did a great job and it looks like you guys found a great solution! I'm just waiting for her to open up shop!

7:13 AM  
Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

That's fantastic - rivals my Lexie bags for sure!

Let's get Z to be a business entrepreneur! :)

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those bags are super cute! I especially love the AB fabric y'all chose

you're in nashville, right? I live a coupleof hours from there, and am planing another daytrip. if you don't mind, what yarn and/or fabric stores would you recommend?

enjoy your vacation!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's very cool! Much cuter than the black binder approach - totally makes me want to buy a set of Options!

12:41 PM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

omg, these are fabulous! Soooo much better than the dowdy faux-Franklin binder from Knit Picks. :)

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home