Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Now with photos!

I finished the granny square blanket tonight. I am exceedingly and abundantly happy with it. And check out the pattern for how I arranged the squares - I didn't really do this on purpose. It's a teensy bit scary how well it worked out. I didn't plan what colours went where when I made the squares, let alone when I arranged them. So ha. I'm a weirdo!

Granny blanket again

Granny blanket

Also, a confession. Though I really liked the Pomatomus pattern, I don't think this yarn was right for it. I was having a lot of gauge issues, ugly striping, and ultimately the sock was too big for me. So...I've got a skein of STR in Beryl that I may just use for a Pom 3.0. I frogged the socks, and knit this:

New Lucy socks

That's 2x2 ribbing, and I am just letting the yarn be what it is. It's hand-dyed...it's going to pool. Whatevs.

And poor Fee! Fee had to go to the doctor. When I came home tonight she had even more fur missing from her ears and they were bright red, so I called the vet and took her over. The poor dear has some little blisters on her face that I didn't see! Also her face and eyes were very puffy. It's an allergic reaction to something, but we don't know what. The two best contenders are the new ionic hairbrush and tree pollen. The vet gave her a shot of cortisone and she's feeling better. The shedding may last another day or two but this should take care of it.

Poor girl, I hate seeing her ill. I am so glad I took her in, she really did need to be seen.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

Poor Fee! I'm glad she is on the mend though. Kitties with allergies are so sad. I really hope it isn't the ionic hairbrush.

and the granny square blanket is to die for, I love the perfect unplanned-ness of it all, and it still turned out delightfully matchy in subtle ways.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

Poor Fee!

My dog has allergies. We used to give him Benadryl but we think he's gotten used to the pollen over time.

I love the blanket!

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going through exactly the same uncoloredness with a blanket made from "Mason-Dixon" mitred squares. Unplanned seems to be working there, too!

Our 3 cats send lots of good wishes to Fee. . .

6:49 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070327/ap_on_he_me/pollen_pain

Jen - this may be why. Poor Fee!

The blanket looks great and I love the socks, too.

6:59 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Poor Fee - I hope she feels better soon. Sherman got stunk by something in the park one time and his head swelled up like a big furry cauliflower! Scary.

I love the blanket!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, poor Fee!!! I hope she's better quickly.

Fun blanket!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Delia said...

Viva had a funky allergic reaction last year - not sure what is was, but we think something feel into her food bowl since it sits under a window.

I used to not be a huge fan of granny squares, but that blanket DEFINITELY changed my mind!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

It's beautiful!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hope Fee is getting better!! The granny square quilt looks great! Love the colors!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Gorgeous blanket! Good job.

I hope you kitty is feeling better soon. (and you too for that matter, allergies suck!)

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home