Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Granny 2.0

And here I thought my granny square phase was over.

I was so, so wrong.

Granny again

This is Tahki Cotton Classic - I bought a bunch today while shopping for yarn for Sheldon the Turtle. I have to admit I was at least partially inspired by Cara's impressive haul, but I have nowhere near that kind of cotton at my disposal.

I used a bamboo hook for the first four rings - very slow and tiring. My steel hook came back out for the brown, but it's smaller than the others. So...back to the bamboo. It's arduous.

Maybe I can make one square a week for a while. It occurs to me that some planning is in order. Do I make all the squares the same? Change them up? I don't know. These are 6" squares. I wonder if a 6 x 7 throw is going to work. Hey, that's only 42 squares! (I am not sure about the white border.)

Schmade...yawns.

Grady snoozes

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Lovely colors! Good luck! :)

4:34 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Everytime I see all these squares it makes me want to learn crochet.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

What a beautiful kitty with those big green eyes!

Love the color combo for the granny squares.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Love This Space said...

I love doing granny squares too. I've made them with my cotton scraps for little coasters. Some look nice, some look fussy, all work well as coasters and can always be tucked in a drawer when not in use.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your cat and your squares are beautiful! Thanks for the excellent diagrams for magic loop. I just made a pair of socks using ML for the first time. These diagrams will be helpful for future socks!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've found resisting the temptation to make granny squares is useless.....and your colors are lovely.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, Grady, you are so handsome! Esp with Chat Noir in the background.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Love the squares.
I love the cat, too. What astounding eyes.

I have a lace coverlet at my parent's house that my grandmother crocheted. It's amazing. I need to photograph it soon...

4:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wowza, what a faboo cat!!!! (sexy, too ... )

Dontcha just *luv* Cotton Classic? There's nuthin' you can make with it that doesn't look the better for it. Delish!

~ hb33 ~

4:31 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

You're making me want to make a granny square. Stop it you.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home