Friday, March 16, 2007

Grannies

I'm rushed and running in circles this morning, way behind at work, and won't get home tonight until about 8. I didn't get home last night till 11-ish, because I was out shopping for a shoot and for myself and I ended up buying an air cleaner.

Everybody lately has been saying they really help with allergies and asthma, except don't get the ionic ones because they put out ozone, which is a lung irritant. And I read one article that even said it can cause long-term damage.

So I took back the ionic one I bought at first and got me another one, a HEPA kind with a permanent filter you just vacuum. Returns at Wal-Mart are always dicey, but they were real nice. And the filter? So far, I really like.

The cats, not so much. Fee is scared of it if I put it on medium, but seems ok with it on low. Also I bought them an ionic pet brush. They love it and are super shiny and soft after I use it on them. I need to buy a human version of it, because it will clean the pollen out of my hair at night and let me get a good nights' sleep. But if I have to use the cat brush on my hair for a while till I find one...well, don't tell anyone. :)

I had a nice time last night with some Rowan Cashsoft DK, an H hook, and some instructions, inspired by this. Beautiful work, don't you think? I'm having a lot better time with granny squares now than I was.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Won't an ionic brush have similar ozone problems?

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're doing a blanket?? yay! I'm soooo getting materials together to work on that ripple blanket. I cannot wait!

I also wanted to let you know that I went to get my hair cut @ Origina and I love it! thanks again for the recommendation. :)

.♥.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home