Friday, December 08, 2006

Ouch

There's a leak in the power steering hose, so there was no fluid. New hose + power steering flush = $202.50
Taillights work intermittently. Take apart and fix ground wire problem = $75.00
Axle boots are shot. Take apart axle including removing wheels, brakes and repacking bearings + rebuilding axle = $560.00

Total = $850.00

He did say that it's routine to do a power steering flush and the axle boots at 150,000 miles, so this is just a little early for scheduled maintenance. But ouch, that's 1800 in car repairs since September.

I told him to fix it but I am setting a goal of getting another car this year. He did say it's a good little car that will last me another year at least, but (even barring the cost) I don't want to have my car in the shop all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home