Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Knitting?

I forgot to mention knitting. I am halfway through block 10 of the blanket. I've done 9 garter ridges and I need to do 18 total. I don't know how long the border is going to take. That's only 4 ridges per side, but there is casting on and casting off to think about. Hopefully I'll be done with this in a week.

I knitted a few repeats of Hedera last night too. The lace pattern is so easy and then once you get to the foot it's smooth sailing because you only do three repeats on the top. What makes me mad is the transition between the foot and the first twisted knit stitch. It's loose as everything. I've tried moving stitches, yanking on them to make them tighter...still have problems. That k2tog decrease isn't the best one out there, either. I don't know what it should have been but it looks sloppy to the trained eye.

Fortunately nobody will be examining my socks. But what do y'all use for a nice, neat, right-leaning decrease? I'll take pictures later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peevish said...

I do love knitting socks, but I can never get the transition to/from the foot to look like it should!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home