Friday, December 08, 2006

Last Person to Leave the Land of Self-Pity, Please Turn Out the Lights

Y'all, I am over my temporary depression about the cost of the car. It's ridiculous. I should be thankful that's all it was. My dad yelled at me a little tonight, told me to get a new car this year. I think he's right. The car drives really well now. At least I can tell I sunk the money into it.

I am staying with some friends' kids, the one where the little girl called me from the gate at 6am on a Sunday - 3/4 of a mile, down at the road. I found a big pile of dog food - inexplicably, like several 50 pound bags of dog food - and have barricaded us in, so that there is no possible way she can escape to wander around in the 16-degree weather tomorrow morning.

Honestly, I'll have more later this weekend but right now I have a little French Bulldog puppy curled up next to me, the house is quiet, my slippers are warm and I am ready to float off to dreamland. They have a Tempurpedic mattress in the guest room. It's as yummy as you can imagine.

1 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

It's a shame about your car. Sounds like your in for a weekend of fun :)

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home