Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm not down with the universalism sound

Apologies to anyone who is a universalist - I just wrote that somewhere and thought it sounded funny. So I wanted to share, because I am occasionally actually a teeny bit witty and I don't want to let those moments slip without pointing them out.

So here is another something witty - my mom and I were in World Market on Saturday. I was browsing in the furniture section and she was looking in the grocery aisle. All the sudden someone smacked her on her behind! She turned around - it was about a 15 or 16 year old kid with Down Syndrome, looking at her and smiling. His mother gave a horrified DON'T YOU DO THAT, Mom laughed, I think it was about the funniest thing that has happened in a long time. The idea of my mom getting smacked on the bum is just too funny.

(For anyone thinking of lecturing me for mentioning that he had Down Syndrome, the Down Syndrome Association of Middle Tennessee is one of my few remaining freelance clients, and some dear friends of mine have a daughter with it, whom I dearly love. I am not in any way, shape or form laughing at this boy - he just did something funny. I don't believe it's something that needs to be hidden away from people or apologized for.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Peevish said...

:) I think that's a cute story!

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally see Anna doing that...
And I laughed out loud at the thought of your mom getting a swat on the bum as well!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home