Thursday, November 23, 2006

It's Not Thanksgiving Till Mom Cleans the Fridge

Hello bloggy friends! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm not going to bore you with long lists of everything I'm thankful for - let's just say I am happy with my life and feel incredibly lucky, and I'm also thankful for the turkey that is thawing in the kitchen sink.

I arrived into Orlando Tuesday night on the first night in a zillion years where Central Florida had snowflakes. Not snow, just snowflakes! There was almost nobody out on the road, which was nice. No plane delays either. Whoo!

The nephew and I drove up to Gran's house yesterday morning, and we saw "Fat Boy's BBQ." At least they are being honest.

In my family we have some fun holiday traditions, my favorite being Mom Cleans the Fridge. Almost every holiday you know the fun has started when she fills the kitchen sink with water and starts dumping out leftovers. The containers get washed and piled up for Turkey Day leftovers. Yum. This one is closely followed at Christmas by "It's Not Christmas Till Somebody Loses a Gift Card." (More about that later.)

I have been knitting like crazy on some Hedera socks in a spring green Regia 4-faedig. The pattern is super easy and keeps you occupied. I haven't worked on them a lot, just on my flights and a teeny bit last night and today. I'm almost done with the leg.

And I wayyyyyy overpacked. That is how I roll. With major suitcasage.

5 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm looking forward to seeing your Hedera socks :)

9:20 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

HOpe your trip is great.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

I hope you had a good one.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Can't wait to see the socks!!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Mmm... leftovers!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home