Saturday, November 18, 2006

MG Socks!

Finished Object: Mean Girl's Twisted Rib Socks
Pattern: My own, pretty basic with twisted rib cuff and toe
Yarn: Mama-E's C-eye-ber Fibers in Mean Girl (retails under Pink Suede)
Needle: 2.5 mm INOX Express
Time: Too long

Mean Girl Socks

I have scads of this yarn left, and I may make some wristwarmers with it. It's so soft and cuddly. I haven't taken the socks off my feet except to shower since I finished them Thursday night.

Fee says "Take those socks off, I want to lay on them." In the background is a painting by my high school art teacher. He is very talented. (I am going to buy one of those big bad manor house paintings for over my fireplace.) Everything I know about art I learned from him.

Fee

Grady says, "Is it dinnertime yet?"
Grady

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh - those socks look wonderful - and hmmm yes, I won some Mama-E sock yarn from you - I MUST get it knitted up, rather than just sitting there looking pretty on the windowsill...

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are beautiful!!!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice work! I just love the pattern on the toes you used. Trying to get some of this yarn! :)

7:31 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Beautiful socks!!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great. That Mama-E does a good job!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore those socks. Is that just K1,P1 ribbing on the toe? What a great way to snazz up stockinette socks!!!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

It's twisted rib - k1 through the back loop, p1. That's it! :) I kept the side stitches for the decreases just regular knit stitches. (The k1 that comes before the decrease, plus the decrease, were done in regular knits.)

11:50 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

OMG, I love those socks!! I really, really, REALLY love those socks!! I want those socks. I covet your socks. Can I borrow those socks? That is the first pair of socks I've seen that have made me think, "Damn... I need to learn how to knit me some socks"

4:33 PM  
Blogger silverarrowknits said...

The socks are faboo!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Jen,

You have the prettiest cats in the world.

Jo

7:08 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

Those twisted rib cuff and toe look really cool! The colourway is lovely, too.

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, they look great!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Very nice socks, with a great little twist on the basic Ss sock.

Oh Fee you are so lovely, Grady you're not too shabby yourself! Yes, I love your cats. OK, I come here for the cats. ;-)

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home