Thursday, November 16, 2006

(Insert Witty Post Title Here)

I had a good one, while I was waiting for the elevator at work today, but I lost it. Then I had another one, while I was watching The Office - but I lost it, too.

I have a finished object to show you, a WIP, and two kitties.

My own pair of arch-shaped socks, in which I accidentally decreased down to different numbers:
Two arch socks

Progress on the Moderne Baby Blanket from Mason-Dixon Knitting, which I am tag-teaming on with Heather (Y'all! Look at that yarn! Go buy some from her! It rocks! I am The Enabler!)

Moderne Baby Blanket.

Fee, gettin' bizzy with her hairbrush (that is HER hairbrush, and you better not touch it). Sorry for all the cat hair in it:
Fee

And Grady, taking a snooze on the closet floor because he's amazed that he can find it (and so am I!):

Grady

I believe he is staring off into space and dreaming of chicken. He is a Chicken Man. (Like in the Springsteen song, except I hope what happened to the Chicken Man in Philly doesn't happen to my Schmade.)

If you want the arch-shaped socks pattern, here it is!. Plus, I'm really seriously thinking now about moving the blog, and not sure whether to go to Typepad, Pretty Posies or another service. A lot of people like Wordpress, but I'm not sure I do. Yet. I'm exploring my options. I'm a slow "decider."

I got my cover done - the thing I was most scared about. The rest of my deadline stuff is either wrapped up or on hold. If I can stay relatively productive until noon Tuesday. At 5pm Tuesday I am going to hop on a plane to Orlando and visit my family in Daytona. I haven't seen Mom since LAST Thanksgiving! I can't wait. This week will involve eating lots of turkey and playing lots of Halo with the nephew. Also I am going to get the Nacho Libre dvd, because today is especially delicious.

:)

8 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Your socks are awesome, I love the look of the arch shape! The blanket is looking good, so glad it is being worked on! ;) Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family! Take care! :)

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your socks, too.
The shaping is much more pronounced in the solid yarn than in the striped,which I wouldn't expect.
One question....did you do two different toe shapings, or is it just the angle of the photo?
Either way, they look GREAT!!!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

It's the angle. Both socks have the star toe of three points from Knitting Vintage Socks.

8:42 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I love your socks! They are fantastic.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely a book I'll have to buy when I get to the States. I like that toe MUCH better than the simple one I was using, especially with the shaped arch.

Any other suggestions for shopping ( besides finding the fink in the sink)?

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd definitely recommend Pretty Posies. :-)

The socks and blanket both look great!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Shorty said...

Your socks rock! Keep up the great knitting. And don't worry about the title. Most of the time I don't even pay attention to them. It's the wonderful content I look forward to.

Shorty

6:08 AM  
Blogger Dana Marie said...

Those socks look awesome. The arch shape is really eye catching!

Your cats look adorable. My dog likes to hang in the closet when the floor is clean too!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home