Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Funny Ha-Ha or Funny Weird

You know what I'm talking about, right? Funny Weird is the guy on the freeway I saw every day for almost an entire summer, driving his green convertible to work with the top down, shaving his bald head with an electric razor. (I used to wonder what would happen if he lost his Kung-Fu grip on that thing.) Funny Ha-Ha is more like the friend I have who would find the vilest, most horrible-sounding or otherwise unencouraging scripture verses and write the citation down in your birthday card, so that when you looked it up you'd find "The donkey fell down the well and died" or something. Happy Birthday, right?!? (I used to love getting those cards.)

So, funny ha-ha or funny weird - I think my cats are both. Fee is obsessed with playing with a mini flashlight beam - no matter where I focus it, she'll chase it. Note to Fee: THERE IS NOTHING THERE, SWEETIE. Also, when I put her sweater on her she walks real slow and low to the ground, VERY CAREFULLY. She seems to really like wearing clothes, though.

I am working on knitting this blanket for a friend, and no matter where Grady is in the apartment - he could be eating, or laying upside down in my closet - if I set it down for even a second to put the kettle on, he will come running and attempt to lay on it. Apparently he has Blanket Radar. I have spent quite a bit of time fending him off (thank God it's washable.) What's funnier, though, is when I am sitting and knitting and watching episode #43772 of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Detective Goren is putting the smack down on some clever criminal and all the sudden I hear Grady snoring. Yes, my cat snores. Lots of times he sleeps on the other pillow on my bed and snores. And occasionally sticks a paw out and pushes on the side of my head when I am sleeping. For no reason. (He ain't right.)

Or maybe *I* am funny weird, because last night I again ended up watching about four back-to-back episodes of CI, and again I dreamed that Detective Goren was protecting me from evil by putting the smack down on some clever criminal (and ranting). And while I appreciate all the attention, having a crazy policeman ranting in my dreams ain't exactly lullaby time.

I keep waking up exhausted and laughing. Y'all, I am on deadline for two, technically three products at once and while I'm not a drinker I understand why people take it up. Because if the options are "vodka tonic" or "Detective Goren Dreams" at some point the vodka is going to win.

Happy Tuesday.

Later: a funny-weird blog search I got today - SPOOKY STORIES THAT REALLY HAPPEN IN KENTUCKY LIKE KIDS GETTING KILLED AND OTHER STUFF FOR FREE.

For free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home