Monday, November 20, 2006

Morning

To the idiot who is trying to steal my Blogger password - you're not too bright, are you? Another strike against Blogger. Wish I had time to switch it all over. I'm serious.

It's all mohair and fuzz around here, as I have been knitting these:
Clogs

(Those are my women's size 10 feet next to them, so you can appreciate how truly huge these things are pre-felting. My foot is almost exactly 11 inches long.)

To anyone coming over from Mama-E's or to see my socks: Hi! How y'all doing?

The sock is really simple. I cast on 66 stitches and did a 10-round cuff of K1TBL, P1 ribbing. When you knit the knits through the back loops you get the wonderful standy-uppy ribbing. I knit a basic stockinette sock with a boring old French heel (smarter knitters than me could find a way to incorporate those twisted stitches, but I couldn't), and finished up with a twisted rib toe - 14 rounds of decreasing every other round, and the rest by decreasing every round. I wasn't sure I'd like the twisted rib toe - would I feel it in my shoe? Was it dorky? but I actually quite like it. It's stretchy and comfy, and I can't feel any difference in my shoe between it and any other sock.

I am leaving for Florida tomorrow afternoon, and have had a hard time picking out what knitting to take with me. The Flower Basket shawl I abandoned back in October? Socks? (of COURSE!) The blanket I am knitting? I decided that I'm bringing the shawl and enough yarn for two pairs of socks (I am wildly optimistic). I'm not, sadly, bringing the blanket. Besides the fact that it would take up half my suitcase, my parents are the proud owners of Crazy Dog, who is wildly unpredictable around things like cords and string. I am not going to risk the dog chewing up this thing.

I'm going to work on the Hedera socks from Knitty (love that twisted rib cuff, again, Cookie did this to me!) and I have a pair of toe-ups in mind for some lovely All Things Heather yarn in Vacation.

And another pair of clogs. They are tedious and quick and addictive. I made this pair starting Friday night and by last night at 7pm they were in the washer, felting. And I didn't work on them all weekend, by any means. I came home with a bag full of Lamb's Pride Bulky the other day, and I'm consumed by knitting these things. The only complaint I have is my #13 Denise needle - the cord is too thick and the points are too sharp. When I knit with bigger yarn I push the left needle down with my right index finger. It is not currently happy.

The new Bond movie? A teeny bit too much "James has gone soft" at the end, and a bit of trouble with the ending (seems never-ending) but this man looks VERY VERY GOOD in a tuxedo and that is at least worth the price of a matinee. He's not as suave as earlier James Bonds, but he is completely appealing. Heh. He's kind of the cement block version of James Bond, more Transporter and t-shirts than 1950s dashing four-in-hand man. I like the change. He was also a bit more virtuous - no trail of women dragging behind him. I liked the movie. Go see it!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the movie review. Have a great trip! I always have all sorts of angst about what knitting to bring when traveling as well.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid we're having a bit of a cool snap here in Florida. If you're near Tampa, you should go visit Knit and Knibble on Dale Mabry. I'm about 45 minutes south of there and I love going in. Hope you have a safe trip

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked it too. I think he's the sexiest Bond yet.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

You made the right choices as to travel knit projects. Have a happy and safe trip! Happy Thanksgiving!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Have a great trip!!

Clogs are looking good, I gotta make mine soon!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

How do you tell if someone has tried to steal your password?

7:32 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I love Daniel Craig as James Bond!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home