Friday, November 10, 2006

Dispatches From the Land of Busy

Y'all! I went to Stitch n' Bitch last night and was so happy to see so many of my knitting friends. I really have to make time to go more often. Just a couple of hours really helps, no matter how busy I am!

("Busy" yesterday meant walking around downtown yesterday with two teenage girls and a photographer in tow. It's amazing how many idiots adult men will catcall a photo shoot in the middle of a busy street. The models were 14 and 16. I would get into a whole thing here about pedophiles and whatnot but it isn't the place. It's just creepy.)

So, I tried while I was packing for my trip to think about something funny to write about, and the best I could come up with is how when I was a mean little kid I told my younger sister she'd get trench mouth (didn't know what it was, either) from drinking out of the hose. I scared her so bad she washed her own mouth out with soap. Liquid dish soap. (I told you I was mean. I'm nicer now though!)

When I logged on to check blogs, though, I found this meme at Anna's blog and I haven't got around to doing it yet but here goes. Hope my answers are mildly interesting! And if you read this and want to fill it out, then Tag, You're It.

48 things

1. FIRST NAME? Jennifer

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No - Mom thought it was pretty, one of the top 5 names of 1970!

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I can't remember. I don't cry very often.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? My handwriting varies wildly from drawn, artisty-looking coolness to chicken scratch. I don't mind it, but I don't really like it. I also don't want to improve it.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Smoked turkey

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, because I like loud, bigmouthed people.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? You're looking at it.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep. I have all my parts except for the unfortunate incident with Jennifer Jo's bed.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Never - I'm terrified of heights. I get woozy in tall buildings.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? What I eat every day is Raisin Bran (I need the potassium). But my favorite is Golden Grahams.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Rarely.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes, occasionally.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? I don't eat much ice cream but I love Cherry Garcia, Starbucks Java Chip, and plain old vanilla, which to me is not plain.

14. SHOE SIZE? US 10

15. RED OR PINK? Both, and pinky-reds and reddish pinks.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Olympic-level ability to waste time; worrying (those are tied)

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My friend Emily whom I've lost touch with. Also my friend Laura who lives in LA and I do keep in touch with, but I miss hanging out with her.

18. WHAT FOOD WILL GET YOU OUT OF BED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? Nothing

19. WHAT COLOUR TROUSERS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Jeans, pink t-shirt, bare feet

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Breakfast

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Grady is opening the patio door

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Olive green

23. FAVORITE SMELL? Coffee (though I don't drink it anymore).

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My friend's voice mail

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their eyes. General demeanor.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? Yep!

27. FAVOURITE DRINK? Water or green tea

28. FAVOURITE SPORT? To do? Running, walking or rowing. To watch? Hockey or football.

29. EYE COLOUR? Hazel.

30. HAT SIZE? Dunno

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yep

32. FAVORITE FOOD? Pasta with olive oil, garlic, cracked red pepper, shredded chicken and a tomato; grilled grouper sandwiches with tons of garlic; sauteed spinach with olive oil and garlic (are you seeing the pattern) from Gene's Restaurant on W 11th in Greenwich Village. Popcorn.

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy, but not sappy.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Both. Don't like spring. Love fall.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? Both

37. FAVOURITE DESSERT? my mom's apple crisp or pumpkin pie

38. WHAT SIDE OF THE BED DO YOU SLEEP ON AND WHY? The right, it's near the light. No reason.

39. IF YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE DECISION TO GET MARRIED AND HAVE A FAMILY, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING TODAY? Ahem. Ahem.

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Hitler, by Joachim Fest. Rising Tide, John M Barry. I'm stalled out on both of them.

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don't use one.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? My Name is Earl and a DVR of LOST.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My cats purring, waves on Lake Michigan, thunder.

44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Both - because sometimes you need the happiness of Let it Be, but sometimes you need to ride down the highway in Nevada in August toward Las Vegas with the windows down and Let it Bleed playing at top volume.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Nagoya, Japan.

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Sarcasm.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? West Shore Hospital, Manistee, Michigan.

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Nobody - I stole it.

OK! AM LATE!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Coomer said...

I totally hear ya on #2.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Coomer said...

Wait a minute! You have a friend named Jennifer Jo? That's my name! I've never known another!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home