Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Go, fake football team!

Really, I almost enjoy Friday Night Lights more than actual football games. 

Pictures of a secret knitting project coming soon (need daylight, have been working tons of hours).

Last night I fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 1am with Fee screeching and meowing - she was having her middle of the night fun. I got up, changed into jammies and went to bed, and heard a tremendous, epic cat fight start up at the foot of my bed as soon as I turned out the light. 

I turned the light on and a blur of cats ran out of the room. I grabbed a towel and followed (besides being conscious of my neighbors, cats who fight do not work things out like dogs do and somebody usually ends up hurt). When I got out to the living room maybe 15 seconds later, they were curled up together on the floor like spoons, Grady laying with his body wrapped around Fee and his arm around her, and they both looked up at me all sleepy, like "what?". 

I have never, ever, in all the time I have had these two cats, seen them lay or sleep anywhere near each other, let alone touching.

I petted them, went back to bed positive they would kill each other by morning (they didn't). 

Maybe this is the start of something good.

In political news - I hope y'all voted. :) Krispy Kreme donuts was offering a free donut to anyone who came into the store with an I Voted sticker on! (If you don't know about KKs, they are the Best. Donuts. Ever. Forget Dunkin' Donuts, these are the real deal, baby!) 

I like living in a town that gives out free donuts for voting. Donuts!

I think the election turned out fine. There is always more balance and less vitriol when the Congress is forced by numbers to work together. And we'll see if the Democrats really are for change. Now that they can get something accomplished in the House, we'll see what they do. I'm a big believer in letting people have all the rope they want. The religious right needed to be humbled a bit, and the Democrats needed the direction they got - most Dems who won were moderates. 

Let's hope this is a good, positive direction for the country. Amen?

Also: I'm sorry it's Rummy, who apparently didn't want to go to Iraq in the first place (though I support the war).
I mean, too bad it wasn't Karl Rove instead, right? If heads had to roll his would be my number one choice.

4 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Amen. The religious right scares the bejeesus out of me. I'm all for religion, but we're starting to move back toward the middle ages. Scary stuff!!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

Government is better when there are checks and balances.

I wonder if the Dems will actually get anything done. Will Bush veto everything that Congress tries to get passed? It might be political gridlock for 2 years.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen is right. Let's hope we see some positive changes, as very few are happy with the status quo at this point.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Amen indeed!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home