Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Spooky Cabled Armwarmers

Here's a free pattern for y'all. These are super warm, super thick and super soft. This yarn might just be my new favorite. If you knit them, please let me know! Send pictures! (I am calling them Spooky because it's Halloween, because the cabling looks like a gnarly tree, and because I am like that. When you knit them say "Wooo" and yours will be spooky too.)

Cabled armwarmer

Spooky Cabled Armwarmers

Size: One, about 10" long and 8" around. This will fit a forearm/wrist/hand anywhere between 7" and 13.5" around - the ribbing is very stretchy.

Materials:
2 balls Plymouth Suri Merino (3 if you are going to knit these all the way to the elbow); 50g, 110 yards, color 282.
3.5mm circular needle (for magic loop, make sure your cord is at least 32" long) OR 2 3.5mm circular needles (any length) OR one set of 3.5mm dpns
cable needle
row counter

Palm view

Detail view

Folded cuff is comfy and stylish, too.
Looks good folded up

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look great! Thank you for sharing the pattern.

8:46 PM  
Blogger merlinthecat said...

I love them!!!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Very cool! And perfect timing for the Knit Mitt Kit Swap!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Thank you so much for sharing such a PRETTY pattern.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Martina said...

I love them!! Thanks for the pattern! I will post pics when I am done!

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMmmmm... These might be my first go at armwarmers! Love the pattern, and thanks for sharing

7:56 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

Very nice!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These are great looking! I've never been tempted by armwarmers, but may have to make a pair now. Thanks!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Kayleen said...

Thank you so much for the pattern -- and your spooky armwarmers are just beautiful. I can't wait to make them. I'll send you a pic as soon as I do.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those are lovely! Thanks for sharing!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Those look fantastic!!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Wow, Loving those!! Off to print pattern! Perfect timing! ;)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm not sure if I'd ever actually wear armwarmers, but I might knit myself a pair just as an excuse to make the pretty cables.

1:02 PM  
Blogger garn og pinner og ... said...

Thank you very much for sharing! I've made two pairs.Picture in my blog. I love the pattern!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home