Sunday, October 29, 2006

As promised

New yarn, clockwise from top: Frog Tree Merino, Suri Merino, Vintage 2006 Alpaca. The Suri is currently being used as a guinea pig in an armwarmer pattern I'm sort of making up as I go. It has cables! ribs! It's been frogged about a thousand times today!

New Yarn

I finished My So-Called Scarf today. I used exactly one ball of Malabrigo and #11 Denise needles. I was scared of this pattern a year ago. But really, it's easy if you just pretend the pattern isn't crazy and do what it says. And after trying it on, I can honestly say it's even prettier and more flattering worn than it is in this picture. I wasn't sure about it until I tried it on, but it's amazing. At the moment I'm trying to decide if I want to put fringe on it - I have another ball of yarn just sitting here. Not that it would take a whole ball.

My So-Called Scarf

And two pictures of my no-good, food stealing sweeties. The picture of Fee captures her personality exactly - she is present but not involved, and studiously ignoring everyone while she looks pretty. And Grady is just pretty. He is getting more silvery.

Grady

Fee

Update: Because of Bitacle's recent splogging (read Chris's summary) I will no longer be posting full posts in my rss feed. Just want everyone to know I am not doing this to try to up my hit counts or anything stupid - I want y'all to read me! But copyright infringement (or even blurring) is a serious matter to me. Apologies.

8 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Yummy yarns there! Look pretty soft!

Fab job on the scarf!! Lovely colors! :)

11:02 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

That Malabrigo scarf is really beautiful.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Niquie said...

your so called scarf is gorgeous. I'm working on one with Manos.

Your yarns tht you got look great!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Isn't that a beautiful picture of Grady?

Yes Fee, you are still my favorite cat, not that you care of course. ;-)

The scarf turned out very pretty.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The my-so-called-scarf looks amazing. Gosh, when am I going to do that scarf?

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the scarf - adore the cats!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Wow! That scarf is truly gorgeous! I haven't made a so called yet, but now I am really tempted!!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

May I ask what type of Malabrigo you used? I went to their website and there are several varieties of yarn. I'm trying to figure out substitutes! Thanks.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home