Sunday, October 01, 2006

Two Losers

I finished the Cabled Footie from One Skein last night - definitely a Loser.

It sorta fits, just not well and the yarn I used has lots of thicks and thins in it, and you can feel Every Single Stitch in the bottom of your foot (or I can). Definitely scheduled for a full unraveling. I may decide to reknit in different wool, or I may just leave this pattern behind. I liked knitting it, but it isn't stretchy enough for my taste.

The other is My So-Called Scarf. I used some yarn I dyed for it. It's looking a little too Rainbow Bright for me. In this case the fault is also the yarn. Full unraveling and yarn will be redyed. Possibly in a dark color like brown or red, to see if I'll get some nice tonal layering going on.

Two losers

And two winners, just for fun. I never posted pics of Shedir because of the whole camera cable fiasco, but here it is:

Shedir

And this is a rosebush near one of the bridges in my hometown.

Bridge and flowers

6 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Bummer about the losers! The scarf is lovely, but I agree a bit too pastelly. Do one of your super overdye jobs and it'll be great! :) Nice job on the hat and the rosebush is very pretty! :)

11:05 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Wow, check out the roses! Lovely!

The hat is beautiful.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Yeah, I tried the fingerless gloves from the One Skein book and they turned out to be losers too! Fortunately, I only knit up the one before I decided I didn't like it! Good job on the "winners"! though.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Mmm... cables...

8:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Feeling the purl bumps means the # of stitches/inch isn't high enough - it's knitted too loosely. Bummer, tho!

Shedir is stunning at least, right?

8:40 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Coomer said...

*love* that hat! and it's a great color.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home