Saturday, September 23, 2006

Cebu!

I love Veggie Tales. (Apologies to all y'all out there in the world who think a singing cucumber and a moody tomato are the devil, but I like them.) I have spent many an afternoon in front of the TV with my nephew watching various and sundry Veggie Tales tapes, and one of my favorite Silly Songs is The Song of the Cebu. (A Cebu is kind of like a cow.) So, the song is about a boy and his three Cebus - a sick Cebu, a sad Cebu, and a mute Cebu. And also a hippo. And the boy and his three cebu are riding in a canoe, and headed straight for the hippo, who doesn't see them, and all sorts of hilarity ensues.

So for reasons I can only explain as "stuck in random-land," I am unable to call these Selbu mittens anything but Cebu (which is pronounced say-boo! just so you know). The Selbu is the star of Norway. These mittens are the most recent in a long line of them knitted by my grandmother and mother. And now me! Doing a terrible job of Carrying On Tradition! (I'll get better.)

Cebu! I had some trouble on the palm before I remember Nona's idea of yarn dominance and switched the green to my left hand (you can see on the palm side where I did that). But otherwise, these have been a super fun, super fast knit. They are a little tight for me, but I hold out hope that steam-blocking this afternoon will help a little. Or I'll give them away. I could make 84,000 pairs of these things.

Front Selbu

Palm Selbu

Cebu!

5 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Love the color combo! Look really good so far!

ps, hope they fit you! :)

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh where is my hairbrush,
Oh where...

We only have one Veggie Tales tape, but we love it!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Pretty pretty!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Niquie said...

your mitten looks wonderful...

I love Veggie Tales, but Jared HATES them... thus, I get him little Veggie Tale things from time to time just to let him kniw I'm thinking about him.

I really like Jr. and the French Peas ;)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love that colour combo. What yarn are you using?

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home