Sunday, September 24, 2006

All right y'all

Here's my prototype. Do you like it?

I know the toe isn't exactly parallel to the arch shaping, but I like it anyway. It's the Pointed Toe from Knitting Vintage Socks, and I like it because it's a long toe with nice detailing and a snug fit. I think it was a good choice - of all the socks I've knitted, this one is the most comfortable one. I think, however, that I have a fit problem on my particular foot, where the last shaping decrease stretches a little. It doesn't bother me, but if you make these you may want to adjust.

So, does anyone want the pattern? It is a really complicated pattern to write...so...don't lie. :) Though I like the toe, I can see how it might does look weird. In person, it looks kind of on-purpose and by-accident at the same time. So if I write the pattern, the toe is going to be up to y'all to decide on yourself. In fact, I might just tell you how I did the shaping and let you put it into your own sock. Not sure yet!

Side view

Top

Toe

Bottom

15 Comments:

Blogger smelk-o-matic said...

I'd love to see a pattern for how you did this - but don't do it just for me (make sure I'm not the only one!)!!

Smiles,
Erin

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that sock is so striking! The way things curve and flow around the foot, I could see how it would be comfy. If I only wore socks I'd ask for the pattern. :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That sock looks great. I'd love to see the pattern too.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Martina said...

I love the look of the sock! So streamline looking!

11:39 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I think it looks pretty freakin' cool. I have the book though, so I will definitely look up the toe on my own. No need to write out a complicated pattern. But it is a very neat looking sock!

12:14 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Those are some neat looking socks! I'm going to have to get that book now!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Lori in Michigan said...

Bee-yew-tee-ous! Send it on! I"ve been ruminating on the very same thing!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

How lovely they are! I can probably figure it out on my own. I have all those Nancy Bush books, if that is where the idea came from; I can look it up. (I think I have PGR Simple Socks.) I will be sure to quiz you though if I run into troubles. If you want to do the pattern that is cool too, but really, don't do it for us, do it if you have time and desire. No slog required :-)

7:07 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

That looks great - the pattern would be good!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so flipping cool.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Those are cool!!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think they look really cool!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, PLEEEZ!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Eatsruns said...

I would love to get hold of a pattern!

Sarah
sarah.e.moore@gmail.com

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great sock pattern!
I would really like to have it.
Thanks Marie E. SO CA

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home