Friday, September 22, 2006

All about Fee - and me!

She is a Maine Coon, with brown-patched-tabby markings. She does all the funny Maine Coon stuff like playing in the toilet and washing the windows and sitting on her hind legs like a gopher. She's five years old and 12.5 pounds - very small for a Maine Coon but she was a rescue kitty I got at 7 months of age. Maine Coons aren't real warm friendly cats - they prefer to sit near you rather than on you - but I love her completely and she's a sweet little kitty. Thank you for the lovely compliments!

I bought Grady a new crate since he hates the molded plastic ones. I got one of the canvas-and-screen models available at PetSmart (though I found this one at Publix) and I'm trying to train him to sit in it. Which right now consists of using the clicker and telling him to go in his crate.

Fee gets her crate next week. She needs a smaller one because she's a smaller kitty. I am leaving them out all the time with a blanket in them so they will not run scared when the crates come out. They HATE the old ones. And honestly, we had to take the top off the plastic one and lower Grady in the last time he went to the vet. This one has a zipper for that in the top, if they won't use the door.

Um, so, don't know where I was going with this. I am tired. I've had a rough day I wasn't expecting. Probably PMS. Can I just say that there are zero styles out there that fit me as far as tops go? And low-low rise pants? Hello, ugly!

I bought a cashmere-silk-nylon-wool blend cardigan at Banana Republic last night, and a pair of Boyfriend jeans at the GAP. Boring, but they fit well and they aren't this kind of ugly crazy trendiness going on now. Puff sleeves? Too junior high for me. Jersey fabric? Unflattering on practically everyone. Wrap v-neck tops? Make my shoulders look exponentially bigger. Just ugly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wannabe said...

Jen, do you have a Buckle store in one of your malls? I swear they have the BEST jeans. I have hips but a skinny waist so not your typical teenage body (that all the stores are designing for these days)...anywho, I only buy jeans at the Buckle now...they always find me the right fit even if I have to try on 50 pairs...which I have done in one fitting mind you...and they have free alterations!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

OOO! I went to Buckle, but didn't try on jeans. Love that store...will try!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

This ugly craziness is weird. Why would anyone want puffed sleeves? ("I made them myself!") I suppose some really young girls look cute in them.
The purses are the worst with all those exterior pockets and bizarre trims.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I am so with you on these fashion don'ts! Why don't they make clothes for people who don't want to look like a skanky teenager or their grandmas. We need some nice in betweener stuff!!!! Something classic with a little trend thrown in!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home