Monday, September 25, 2006

That settles it

Ok, I'll write up the pattern! I'll put it in a basic sock pattern with the toe I used but also include the basic theory for how to do the shaping in any sock, and I'll include instructions for how to swap in a toe of your own. (Note: This sock pattern is NOT in Knitting Vintage Socks. Inspiration comes from Grumperina, Meg Swanson, and Nancy Bush, however.)

(You know it's been another rough day when you find yourself standing in front of the fridge with the peanut butter jar wishing you could take it with you on a walk.)

(For the Selbu mitts I am using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Fern and Chocolate. So far I have used about half a ball of each.)

I did have fun for most of the day, however - I was working on a color palette. While some of it is a pain - whittling the 108 original colors down to 60 or so - other parts of it are fun, like making up names for the new colors. First I surf around to find inspiration from fashion and other websites. Then I get out the old Pantone book and start trying to find similar color mixes. Then comes the fun part! Naming! Today's names: Sprig, Dune Grass, Baby Bird, Shrimp, Paprika, Chocolate Cherry, Lake Water, Peacock, Old Rose, and a few others. Some are named in honor of yarn colors!

I love my job, but I think it would be a super extra fun job to name lipstick or paint colors. What do YOU think a fun job would be? Make it engaging and challenging! Leave a comment!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't have a fun job idea, but I had to laugh at what you think is fun. My mother is in the cosmetics business, and when I was young, my parents owned a small chain of cosmetics boutiques. My sister and I had to endure endless car rides where we had to come up with names of foundation, eye shadows, and yes, lipsticks. Even naming lipsticks gets tiresome after a while!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Niquie said...

For me, I think that that a fun job would be somewhere where I dealt

7:41 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Sitting surrounded by balls and balls of yarn to think up names for lines of yarn and colours. And marketing ideas.

Names like "snot green" or "major embarrasment red".....

Perhaps I'll go and have a little lie down now.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home