Monday, July 03, 2006

Strawberry

That would be the color of Sugar n Cream I dug out of the stash to start a small Odessa for my current favorite 21-month old girl:

Start of Odessa

You can see I'm doing all I can to avoid actually working on the sweater.

To answer a comment, the sweater yarn is none other than Encore Worsted (bought for its easy care and bright colors) in color 3335. (It really is that bright.)

Went to see Superman Returns last night in 3-D at the IMAX. It was pretty good - I don't know why but I didn't love it. It seemed kind of harsh. Kate Bosworth's makeup was perfect - Superman's makeup was too perfect. There were a lot of close-up shots that were supposed to show off his face; I saw the makeup. (Weird.) Overall it was a good superhero movie.

My boy Dave Zabriskie is in third place in the G.C. of the Tour de France - go Dave! I miss his old blog with all the super-funny one question interviews from the peloton: "Do you like Star Wars" "You mean the movies?" "Yes." "Thank you."

Happy Monday. Take it easy today! I'm off to work.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

He's not doing that blog anymore??

Third in GC is great right now, since it's all sprinters all the time...

10:37 AM  
Blogger silverarrowknits said...

The hat is darling!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cute hat! Um..don't feel bad, you aren't the only one..avoiding things ;)

8:23 PM  
Blogger noblinknits said...

I've just started some jaywalkers for my favourite 22 month old neice and then, when her jumper is finished, I can't wait to start her an odessa.

DO you think the Imax was just a bit too big and detailed and that's why you saw the makeup?

6:14 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yes, actually, I do. :)

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home