Sunday, June 25, 2006

I know y'all will think I'm crazy

But I am positively enchanted with these socks.

Funky

They were going to be called Geography Lesson, because the right one honestly looks like a coastline. But despite three (!) rip-and-reknits, I couldn't make Lefty match. They actually remind me of sound distortion, so they'll either be called Fuzz or Sonic socks.

Not that anyone could ever repeat this fiasco, but I'm telling you - they are so loud, so crazy bright, and so completely cool looking with all this flashing and pooling that I am besotted.

Nacho - on viewing 2, I laughed just as hard and thought the movie was even sweeter.

Usually Mom wakes me up at 7am on my birthday to regale me with some kind of crazy story about stuff I did when I was little (like yelling at my mom that my much-more-French-looking-than-me sister was brown and I was white on the day she came home from the hospital) but today she let me sleep in till noon (I didn't, but it was a nice thought.)

Mom is going back to work on Tuesday. I am no less amazed at the miracle her life has been over the past few months, or how healthy she is now. I'm so glad she's better. Knowing what could have happened to her is somewhere I'd rather not dwell, but I am thankful that God in His mercy saved her from that. (Be thankful along with me. Come on.)

Anyway, I hope 36 is as good as 35 was. Thank you for all the lovely birthday wishes and I'm sorry I confused everyone about which day it was. Y'all rock, and I'm so glad to know you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday!! :)

and yes, I say your mom being happy & healthy is pretty much the best bday gift ever!

continue enjoying those socks!!

.♥.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Glad your mom is doing so well! Your socks are cheery and fun. Love 'em.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I vote for "sonic socks"! Too cool

9:44 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I'm curious - when they are all finished, will one definitely be the left and the other the right or will you interchange them?

Jo

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

7 skeins in transit to you chica!!!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home