Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I like it! It's the best!

(Apologies for putting Nacho Libre quotes in every post.)

Here's a picture of my sock:
Funky socks are back again
(I have another one to match.)

Check out the funky heel! It has no flap, but uses a gusset and short row method to get bigger and turn. I love this heel. I don't know how durable it will be, but it's neat, a fast fast knit, and very comfortable. Well, actually it's a little short:
Close up of the heel

And I'm thinking I could use a few of Grumperina's sock tricks for making it bigger - I think what she does is knits a little extra stockinette before starting the next part of the sock.

And one of Fee. I turned the camera sound off and she seems to put up with it better.
Fiona

Happy Tuesday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Where did you get that heel??

8:26 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sheila - THANKS! Wow, I'm sorry I couldn't get it together fast enough to make it to the store. I'll be there Thursday for sure! :)

Stephanie - There's a free pattern that uses it here -
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8mnnp/amyssocks.html
(I didn't do the eye of partridge, and I expanded from 64 stitches to 88.)

and a paying one available as basic toe-up sock pattern from Lisa Knits - http://www.lisaknits.com

8:34 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Fabulous shot of Fee!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm liking the funky heel! And the yarn!!! (and apparently I'm also liking the exclamation points today too.) Happy belated birthday, I hope you got all the yarn you ever wanted.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

ooooh thanks!!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love the sock and that yarn!! Wild!

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home