Thursday, June 29, 2006

Yawn

Yawn. (Tired today.)

I see everyone is buzzing about the new Options needles, made by The Company That Shall Not Be Named (hey, it's better than accidentally confusing them with a small, upscale knitting boutique, huh?). Just to jump on that bandwagon, I won't be getting these anytime soon. Why? 1. I own a set of Denise needles already that were not nearly as expensive as the Options kit 2. I don't love metal needles that much, except for socks, and I already use the perfect sock needles (INOX Express with the black cord, that's I-N-O-X, ladies...har). 3. I knit Magic Loop and their longest cord for the smaller needles sized 0-1-2-3 is 32". Not gonna do it.

No problem - I am sincerely and with best wishes hoping they turn out to be positively pointy, if only for Grumperina's sake.

Here is a picture of the hatboxes I bought:
Hatboxes

And one of the giant, amazing, gorgeous and wonderful stash-building project that just arrived in the mail:
Mama E Sock Yarn

This is, of course, Mama E's hand-dyed sock yarn. The two skeins at the top are a custom colorway she did for me called Mean Girl! Isn't THAT cool.

I love the little special yarns made by sister knitters - Vesper, All Things Heather, Mama-E. (Hill Country is next on my list, because I have a friend who went to U-T, so you know I'll be buying "Hook 'em Horns" to knit her some birthday socks.)

I'm all for the great, great stuff you can find at yarn shops - Regia, Fortissima, Wildfoote. There will never be enough sock yarn in the world as far as I'm concerned. But I have a special place in my heart lately for the handpainted lovelies.

5 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

Speaking of handdyed sister knitter yarns...have you checked out Sweet Georgia Yarns yet?

8:53 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Just what I need - enabling!!! :o)

(I'll check 'em out!)

9:02 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Ooooh - have you checked out Brooklyn Handspun??

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drool! I have a couple of skeins from Erin, I take them out just to pet them!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice yarns there! Yummy, Love yours from MamaE

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home