Monday, May 22, 2006

I think it was all the knitting

(Click here for the sock yarn contest.)

Today I feel better. Fever is gone and apart from the loud thunderstorms that woke me (and the cats) up last night, I got a good night's rest and I feel okay. Not great, but okay. So I'm going to try to go to work today.

Outside, it's a downpour. Grady is soaking it in, but all I can think about is the negative effects of rain on whatever hairstyle I go with today. Plus it's only 60 - so that means a hat. I love wearing wool hats; I think the wool absorbs the rain so that my hair doesn't. Probably a crackpot theory (I'm full of them) but it makes me feel better.

Speaking of feeling better - this pattern is amazing, easy, intuitive. Apart from some really wonky ribbing and heel instructions (I used my own, as usual). So, um, the lace pattern is amazing, easy and intuitive. (I don't know about the rest, but why a sock pattern makes you break the yarn after turning the heel is absolutely beyond me.)

Here's a picture. Yarn is All Things Heather in Leprechaun, knit up on #1 needles at 8 stitches per inch. I added a few extra stitches for the ankle/cuff, and dropped back down to about 67 or so for the foot. The yarn reminds me of Koigu - yummy feel, great stitch definition, and always a surprise colorwise. Don't you think it's lovely?

Progress

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, it is lovely! Glad you are feeling better.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks great, you have made some serious progress! I hope you continue to feel better! :) Heather

9:18 AM  
Blogger K. said...

gorgeous yarn (i have a thing for vibrant greens lately), and i like the pattern you're using! glad you're feeling better again!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lovely indeed!

A wool hat at 60F?! Wow... Heh, I came to work at 39F this morning without a jacket, mittens, or hat... I did have socks in my Birkies, tho.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

You'd be amazed at what you see in the South! (My Michigan self couldn't believe that people break out the gloves here when it's 40. 40!!!)

It's May, it's supposed to be 90 degrees, and we are freezing. But with the hat it wasn't a warmth thing - it was an anti-frizz device. It got a little warm. :o)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Mmmmm.... green......

4:42 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Those are looking so lovely! Great job so far!!

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better. I can't allow my secret pal to be sick....I don't think chicken soup will travel well if I had to ship you some. Hope thing also continue to improve for your sister-in-law.

Love the Leprechaun socks, I'll have to look up that pattern [oh and also the "All Things Heather" site, hmmm potential spoiling hmmmm.

Hope your week is bright [no more yarky stomachs].
your SP4MG

6:45 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Such beautiful beautiful socks! - The slightly variegated green is so beautiful!

best wishes to you!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home