Monday, May 15, 2006

Almost finished!

I finished the knitting on the baby cardigan yesterday. Now I have to seam the hood and figure out some kind of closing for it - my sister said that Niecie is real grabby right now, so i-cord ties might be pushing it (and you know how I feel about i-cord, right? hate it!). I think I'm going to look for some snaps that sew onto the fabric - I've got a cardigan like this that I absolutely love. It looks really neat.

I am about halfway up the leg on one Vesper sock and I am through the heel on the other. The 2x2 ribbing I'm doing for the cuff is awesome - so neat and tidy, because I am doing the purls twisted. (And untwisting on the next row.) I'm working increases into this section to accommodate my calf muscles, which means I am making these socks a bit longer than usual.

So far, I like. I'll keep you posted. For now, gotta go.

I just bought 8 sets of towels this weekend (another TJMaxx find). That kind of seems excessive, but they are Pima cotton - and we all know how lovely Pima cotton is, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

I will give you some justification for not doing i-cord. How old is the baby? Cords are strangulation hazards. Up to what age - I haven't a clue.

I ordered 2 hanks of All Things Heather sock yarn before she sent them to kpixie. Tangerine for me and Tuxedo for Young Mand and husband.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ok, no i-cord. Niecie is 10 months old.

Love the yarns you bought - I was eyeing those too but green won out (for some Embossed Leaves socks) and I love Vacation so much I couldn't resist...

I'm glad there's another sock knitter in our little group!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home