Saturday, May 20, 2006

New stuff!

Let's see - sock yarn contest info is here.

I did a barter swap with Mame-E: she got new web banners, buttons and yarn labels, I get yarn. Yarrrrrn. Check out her new site here.

I'm working on the buttons and stuff today as long as I don't um, yark. I've been home with a stomach bug since yesterday morning. So far, no yarking. But discontent, riots and the like are threatening.

Now, for some pictures!

I finished a Vesper sock - this took longer than I anticipated but I redid some ribbing and used a super-easy crochet hook bind off - why have I not been doing this already? I saw it on an episode of Knitty Gritty that I DVR'd. Excellent! Use the hook instead of your right needle - knit a stitch with it, knit the next stitch with it and hook it through the first. Wayyyyy better than leapfrogging. Here's the bindoff, and yeah, I did some funky calf shaping that makes the end look a bit like a flower:
Vesper sock

Vesper Cuff

Also, I cast on for an Embossed Leaves sock with my Leprechaun All Things Heather yarn:
Start of new sock

(That is why you need to order some of Heather's yarn!)

(Note: that is not the ribbing called for in the pattern - the size given won't fit me, so I am winging parts of it. I am not quite sure how I'm going to distribute the 8 extra stitches).

We are lazy today, laying around outside:
Fee

Upside Down

The update on Debbie (my sister's motherinlaw) is that her body is rejecting the transplanted lung. She's now up to 8 liters of oxygen per day and won't be allowed to go home from the hospital until she's down to 4. They are trying immunosuppressant drugs. She's still in the Mayo Clinic. Prognosis isn't good.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that your family is suffering through another illness. My FIL has been in the hostpital on and off for quite a while, and it is really difficult.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

At least your SIL is at Mayo, which, if you have to be very sick, is a very good place to be...

So much green sock goodness! Love the new look of Mama-E's site. And great kitty pictures!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

It's my sister Beth's husband's mother. Beth is married to Erik - it's Erik's mom.

I'm confused, too.

1:32 PM  
Blogger strangelittlemama said...

Mama-E's blog looks awesome!!

I hope your sister's mil pulls through.

4:20 PM  
Blogger silverarrowknits said...

I am sorry to hear that your family is suffering so much. I will keep you in my thoughts!

The Vesper sock looks very cozy. I really like how the heel worked out.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home