Friday, May 19, 2006

Wow

I am so amazed and grateful at the incredible response to the contest for Kirsten! Thank you all so much!

You can read about the contest here and here is the link to Kirsten's PayPal button.

I'm running late today so no pictures (I slept in till 7! ha!), but yesterday was Yarn Day around here - my two half-pound skeins of Henry's Attic Kona Superwash fingering weight arrived! Now all I have to do is wait for my dyes to get here and figure out what to do with it all.

Also, two skeins of All Things Heather arrived yesterday as well! I can't say it enough - this yarn is beautiful! Order some! (No wait, that's less for me. Don't ever order any. Hear me??) So far I have two handpainteds and a self-striping, and they are all equally lovely. The colors are brilliant and artfully combined...check out Heather's yarn here.

If you think of it, keep my sister's mom-in-law Debbie in your prayers. She had the lung transplant last fall? Long story short, she's basically dying. It's complicated, but she had pneumonia and that damaged the new lung beyond repair. She's back in the Mayo Clinic on 6 liters of oxygen per day (she was on 2 before the transplant) and has heart failure. She has a DNR in place. My sister and her family are in Florida, probably seeing her for the last time. (Come to think of it, they could use some prayers too.)

Stay frosty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Thoughts are with your family right now...

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very sadden to hear about your aunt. My thought and prayers to you, your aunt and ALL your family.

HUGS and extra STRENGTH [although you seem like a very strong person]being sent to you from your Special Pal - sp4MG

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home