Wednesday, May 17, 2006

53 Degrees and Rain

Pretty much sums it up. I'm fighting some kind of something nasally and headachy, which is making me a) not very interesting and b) accidentally zone out at inappropriate and sensitive moments.

I'm toying with the idea, for the 1,000 time, of ripping back some part of the Vesper socks and trying something else. I haven't let myself rip back all the way though, because the socks fit and are comfortable. But I think I knitted the leg too long and ripping it back a ways will make it more comfy for me. Who am I kidding? I buy footies for every season of the year, and on the rare occasions when I wear wool ragg socks, I scrunch them down around my ankles.

Anyway it's all congestion and bad ribbing decisions and linty towels and Zantac here lately. Really the ribbing isn't that bad but I think i have to do it to accommodate my own quirkiness.

I have several quirks. I'm afraid of biting my tongue off in the car. Not when I'm out walking around, but specifically in the car (which leads me to believe I got yelled at for sticking my tongue out at someone when I was a kid in the car and my dad probably told me that to scare me).

I hate those blown-air dryers they have in public restrooms that are supposed to be "sanitary." I can't stand the idea of warm air blowing on my hands. It just utterly freaks me out. When I had long curly hair I used to dry my hands on my hair (which itself is kinda gross) but now that I mostly wear my hair straight I just shake the water off and go.

I would mention more but at the moment I can't think of any and I have to go style my newly-colored roots. So what are your quirks?

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

My mind always goes blank when asked things like that. I'm still agog that we have better weather than you do right now!

I'm phobic about garbage disposals and lawnmowers - the whole whirling blade thing scares the crap out of me.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

I hate the weather we are having right now. Ugh!

I am obsessive compulsive about making sure my wallet has not been stolen. I have to constantly reach into my bag and make sure it's still there. When I shop for bags, I look for secure closures so bag snatchers can't reach in and steal my wallet. I hold my bags very close to my body. This stems from my wallet being stolen in the busy lunchtime crowd in broad daylight in Chicago in 1997.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow, yeah! Those are good ones!

Very logical.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty much randomly phobic about everything ever once in a while. I'm horribly afraid of freak accidents, I lie awake sometimes at night thinking about all the random and horrible things that could happen! aargh.

And rip back the socks! If you are obsessing this much about it already, it will just drive you nuts later if you don't! :)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Me? Quirky? Never....

Of course, now I can't think of any. Rip the sock!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Niquie said...

too many things to list them all.. I have so many phobias.

I'm really neurotic about ahving a bottle of water and lotion on my desk at work... I get really antsy if they aren't there.

I must always have chapstick.

I check around the corners of doors at home all the time. Why yes, I'm afriad someone is going to break into my house.

I always have a pnytail holder on my body somewhere... if I don't I get really stressed outa nd annoyed.

I think thats it for now.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Delia said...

HA! I totally dry my hands on my hair when I wear it curly too. Refreshes the curl!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home