Saturday, May 20, 2006

Another update

Debbie is doing better. She's down to 6 liters of oxygen today and doctors told her when she is at 4 she can go home. They aren't really optimistic, but they aren't as negative as this morning. Hopefully the immunosuppressant drugs are working.

As for the Embossed Leaves sock - I am loving the pattern. Super easy (so far, knock wood, don't let me curse meself) lace, and I added one purl stitch to each side of the chart to distribute the 8 extra stitches I need (most people would find a yarn that fits gauge, but not me, I'm a sucker for abuse). So the spaces between the leaves are a little wider - I may or may not leave it. It's not a hard pattern, so maybe I'll keep going and maybe I won't. If I don't, you can bet I'll be dyeing some of my superwash with lime kool-aid (or maybe chartreuse jacquard dye when it comes in) and using that.

It just hit me that I ordered chartreuse dye. I'm going to use it with some chestnut brown and gold, I think. That just sounds scary to me, but I have a pillow on my bed that is those colors, and it rocks.

Tonight we watched Aliens...great throwaway lines..."nukes, knives and sharp sticks"...

my stomach hurts...and it's thundering...

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hope your stomach feels better soon...

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe your stomach is picking up clues from the weather

8:30 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! I was down for a couple of days, feel the best today! Glad to hear things are getting a little better for Debbie and hopefully she can go home soon.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home