Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sunday best

Y'all know I love for you to hit up new blogs with me - this one is really cool. My friend Tifany - my awesome, darling, trustworthy, wise, fabulous & beautiful friend Tifany - is one of those people I really secretly want to strangle sometimes because she is SO gifted at thrifting -

- and I am not. I go to a Goodwill and see walls full of junk. She walks out with a Kitchen-Aid stand mixer for 8 bucks.

So really, I am not going to strangle my friend! But I am so happy to tell you that she started a blog to share her thrifty finds and home improvement projects with us. She's also a wife, mom of 2 and homeschools her kids so no saying you don't have time!

Check out her blog here: Savvy Suburban Supermom. Her latest bookshelf project? Fabulous!

It pained me too much to tell y'all last week, but I finished my first Knotty or Knice sock - and it's too tight across my ankle. It was fiddly and drove me crazy, and though the result is beautiful, my heart is just not in knitting the second sock. So I started another pair, because I have so much yellow Gems Opal sock yarn from my failed TDF project - this time a pair of Reversi. (In my sidebar.)

However, I strongly believe this yarn is jinxed for me right now and I am not sure I will ever finish it. So I am thinking of digging through the sock yarn to find something else, and just putting the yellow yarn aside.

(PS: GAP is having a sale on winter coats, I got a gray 60s-looking short trench wool coat for 30% off...)

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

I so don't need to know about sales at the Gap.

And I feel your pain with the sock yarn. I found that Sisu is absolutely cursed for me. I'm debating using it to tie up the recycling.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info re: your friend's blog.
got Oral b replacement brushes for 0.3 of normal price.
would never have thought of eBay for them, thanks to you friend tifany but most of all thanks to you for directing.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous boracay island philippines said...

Thanks for the post..

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home