Saturday, November 01, 2008

Some thoughts for Saturday

1. If you left a comment discussing how idiotic one candidate is over the other and did not leave a Blogger profile or an email address, I have deleted your comment. In the interests of free and fair discussion, anybody who left a Blogger comment or email address is still on the blog, and I will not delete your thoughts. It's very interesting to hear them and I appreciate every comment.

2. My sister's hubby is leaving his current job and it's very possible he will get a job that is much, much closer to Mom and where I live as well. I am trying not to get too excited, but by next week I ought to know if my baby sister will be within driving distance of me! Yay! Let's hope! :)

3. Working on a freelance project this weekend. Thinking of playing all LOTR movies back-to-back to keep me company. Do y'all ever do that?

4. Totally, completely addicted to the following iPhone apps: Trace (free, super cool game), Grocery IQ ($1.99, make lists, email them to people, and add your own items in addition to using giant database that comes with it), AirSharing ($6.99, keep pdfs and other docs on your phone), ToyBot Diaries (free version or $3.99 for full, another cool game), Shazam (free, identifies a song playing on the radio for you), Things ($9.99, great to-do list), Balance (free, a checking account register) and Aurora Feint (free, totally addictive game). The thing I love most about my phone is the endless potential for customization. So, work it! :) Check 'em out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Okay chickee - if you are that in love with your iPhone (jealous!!), then I recommend that you don't get a Wii and Wii fit!!! My hubby is turning into a Wii Widower and I'm turning into an exercise junkie. Say buh-bye to the 30 pounds I got from quitting smoking (now only a tad under 14 lbs!)

I miss seeing you so let's find some time to get together.

As for politics, I'm with you - just get out and vote. Whether we agree on the politics or don't we still love each other and that is one of the things that makes this country great.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I've been trying to come up with a reason that I NEED an iphone...I don't even have a cell phone, but the iphone is so freaking sexy...reading about the cool aps makes me even more lusty for one!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home