Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Pictures

I wove in the button band ends. Can't find 'em.

I'm leaving it, finishing the collar, and if I hate it, I hate it. I learned a lot.

Please tell me this doesn't look too terrible. I can live with the collar.

Twist

The mistake

Here's my newest sock project. These are the Tesselating Lace Socks from Knitting the Light Fantastic. (Scroll down to the red socks. Isn't she a great knitter? And I think she's a vet, too.) I'm doing a test knit for the pattern, but I think she is planning on making it available eventually. The yarn is Mama-E's sock yarn in Testudo, named after her college mascot, who is a Diamondback Terrapin. :) It's her Project Spectrum yarn for July/August.

The yarn is lovely. It's soft and scrunchy, and because these socks will be taller, I started out knitting them on a 2.75mm needle. After one pattern repeat I changed to a 2.5mm. The pattern is easy and intuitive, and y'all will love it when it comes out.

For now, it's my consolation! And whoa, somebody needs some self-tanner!

Tesselating Lace Socks

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Nell said...

I can see why that would be irritating. It would annoy me too, but I am not a ripper. However, I think it won't show at all, no-one will notice one little bit. It really and truely looks great.

And I just love that sock pattern. Might just have to dive it to my sock stash which is slowly mounting....

4:27 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Sorry to hear that!! Maybe close up the buttonholes, use a toggle/frog type closure or leave it open. So bummed for you! :(

On the other hand, the socks are lovely! Hehe, self tanner turns me orange!

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your sweater a lot. Just sayin'.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Maggie Tipping said...

I still think it looks really nice :)

A certain type of button, like an oval or a large one might hide it a little. Maybe.

Plus I hate frogging, so I subscribe to the philosophy that if I wanted something exactly perfect and symmetrical I would buy it in a store :)

5:18 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I'm with Maggie on this one.

5:48 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

i think that the buttonholes will be ok. mine always pull open anyway. with a biggish button, they'll be in exactly the right spot, and you can say "it's a modification i made, i did it on purpose, and it's better this way"

8:24 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I am one of those people who is blessed with the inability to see whether something is off-centre even by as much as you claim your buttons are... so I think it looks fabulous!

10:36 PM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

I can't notice the problem, and I tried, I really did. I think it looks great! Really.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

It looks great. Bit, bold buttons, and nobody will notice anything.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'd bug me, but I'm like you with the whole off center thing. Just my 2 cents. That said, given that I never button up my cardigans, I'd probably leave it, as no one would notice if it wasn't buttoned.

That colorway on the socks is gorgeous! The pattern looks like a kissing cousin to my Sunset Scales pattern. Got to love the small knitting world. :)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Hey, I love that sweater! LOVE it!!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home