Thursday, July 26, 2007

New "heads of state"

I keep using Phil and Paulisms because it cuts the edge off the depression a little.

So Vino/Astana are out, Cofidis is out, and now Michael Rasmussen has been fired by Rabobank (his team) at the request of the team owner. Cyclists have to submit in writing where they will be and when during certain times of the year. Rasmussen's wife is from Mexico, and apparently he filed saying he was there but actually went to Italy. They assume guilt in such a situation, and he's been tanked.

So now we have new heads of state who are presumably innocent. I'd like to see Levi Leipheimer win something, and Alberto Contador is just fabulous. Who can take the last four stages in the GC? I don't honestly know. Cadel Evans, maybe. Let's hope the doping tree is done shaking for one Tour!

I have four repeats of sock 2 done. Nearly to the heel, which I can probably knit tonight, and then it always seems like the sock just takes over and zooms to the finish after I get done decreasing gussets. I'll be working on it a lot this weekend. Due date is imminent! Let's hope I don't make any mistakes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

This is shaping up to a "last man standing" Tour, isn't it?

11:15 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I'll be knitting right along with you!! I'd love to be done this weekend...not sure though!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

It's certainly been an 'interesting' Tour!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

If Cadel, Contador, and Levi are the main contendors, I'll be thrilled with whoever it is that takes the race. They've all been superb to watch, Contador especially.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home