Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Dancing on the pedals

That is the term for a rider who is standing up to pedal so he can rest certain muscles. And hopefully build momentum. That is what I am doing right now with my second sock.

There is nothing in sports I love more than the mountain stages in the Tour de France. I have a hard time knitting while I'm watching them, because I want to see every crazy, every bit of jostling for position and all of the challenges and breakaways. Did y'all see those crazy mooners last night? How about Mr Diablo, the old guy who dresses up like a devil every year and chases them with a pitchfork? He was there last night! (We haven't seen any more B*rat, to my knowledge.)

I did get a repeat of my anniversaire sock leg done, and worked some on a secret project I haven't been keeping up with very well. And my Twist collar is about 3" long, and I have three buttons (of eight) sewn on. And somehow though I love the smell my perfume seems really strong today, which means that I am less congested and cold-y than I was, and I am feeling better.

(I wear some kind of Bath & Body Works perfume I bought last year, créme brulee I think, and I liked it so much I went on eBay and bought two more bottles when they discontinued it. In the summer it's light and yummy. In the winter I wear Ch*nel C*co Madem*iselle.)

I fell asleep just at the end of the stage last night - my goal was to pause the dvr, snooze a bit and watch the finish, but I fell asleep for good. So I haven't seen it all, but tonight I'll catch up and then tomorrow is the Col d'Aubisque, which is going to be sheer madness.

Get your suitcases full of courage, boys - you'll need it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

What are your thoughts on Vino and Astana's withdrawl? I came straight here thinking you'd have thoughts on this...

6:12 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I was going to leave an intelligent comment on the Tour, but I got distracted by the thought of creme brulee perfume - yum!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home