Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hello, Sunday!

Despite the fact that there are certain rules about underwear-clothing colors and the whole no stockings-with-open-toed shoes thing I wish I could talk about, I will instead say that I'm woefully behind on my Tour watching AND knitting, and I'm in danger of being dropped by the group.

Imagine, y'all, a three-week. 2700-kilometer bike race, and you come in second by TWO MINUTES. Days and days of pounding across country, up and down mountains, through rain, dangerous cobblestones, drunken fans, Borat appearances, media circuses and utter crazies, eating 10,000 calories per day, living, eating and sleeping cycling, feeling agony after agony,

and losing by a minute or so. If only, right? If only you'd pushed a tiny bit harder, if you'd only been better hydrated, slept better, ate more, ate less, coasted less.

I am still riding the exercise bike, and today when I got off I experienced something I have never felt before. My entire backside was numb, as in, asleep. I staggered back to my apartment a bit inelegantly, trying very hard not to hold my bum in both hands as I marveled over how it was waking up, and I guess this is what they mean by saddle-sore. Thankfully it abated, and stretches have never felt so good.

So, um, it's a slow news day at Chez I-cord. I will have some pictures tomorrow, of something.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Heh, I can sympathize. Bless cyclingnews.com for keeping me up-to-date on the Tour. And woe - my wrist hurts a bit... not good for my TDF socks!

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, I was thinking that today I would ride the stationery bike instead of using the treadmill (I haven't used the bike in years). Perhaps I should stick to the treadmill :)

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home