Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I can think of too many titles for this post

Like possibly, "Oops, I did it again":

Start of Anniversary Sock

I think it goes without saying that this time around I am not feeling the love about Monkey. So I put sock 1 on hiatus while I decided to play around with this pattern, which is the Anniversary Sock from Favorite Socks. (Still working the sockapalooza angle.) I cast on for it last night, and have about 4 inches of sock completed. (I am farther than this, I've finished another chart repeat of the yarnovers.)

Another possible title for this post is, "Why does Nancy Bush always have such crap photos of her socks in the books?" I mean, y'all, I am a card-carrying Nancy Bush fanatic. I ***love*** her sock patterns. I ***adore*** her technical knowledge. But if I ever, ever get excited about one of her patterns it is usually because I saw where somebody else took a chance and knitted them and has gorgeous pictures. Because her books just don't. I do not like the idea of sock pictures posed on sock blockers. Socks are three-dimensional, and should be modeled that way!

I am sorry lately for all the cat-picture-on-the-porch offerings, which are slim pickings, but Grady looked so cool tonight I had to take his picture. Maybe you can see a little of his personality because there are two. (Catonality? Felinality?)

Schmade

Schmade

Happy Independence Day, y'all. Call me crazy but I love this country and I am durn proud of it, politics and all. Because I am free to be a card-carrying Jesus freak, Nancy Bush fanatic, artist, mouthy chick, sort-of-libertarian. Nobody tells me what to wear, and nobody is going to sell me off to a husband. I am glad we can all be our crazy selves, with the right to vote, to speak, to pray. There are people in the world who believe I should be put to death for saying those things, and I have one thing to say to that:

God Bless America.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Mei said...

I, personally, love your cats-on-porch photos because they remind me of my (late) cat who also lounged around on the porch. Also, I lived right outside of Brentwood for a while, so they remind me of that too.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I saw Kuttin-Up today - in Brooklyn Park or Brooklyn Center, MN. Lame!a

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Commenter #1. I LOVE your cat pictures. In my opinion, they are, without question, the best blogger cat photos of all the blogs I read. You're a terrific photographer, and your cats are particularly beautiful. (Especially Fee. Sorry, Gray Boy.)

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the pics in her books. I never think that they look cool, but when a blogger knits her patterns, they look great!

And you know we all love those kitty pics!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on! Happy July 4th!

12:36 PM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

Are you kidding me? I love your catchenal pictures.

And I hear you with the baaaaaad Nancy Bush sock pictures.... bad yarn color choices, bad pictures period... it's a shame, the socks are so good.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are SO right about Nancy's pictures. But the patterns.....

11:40 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

AMEN- Happy 4th to you as well! I love the second picture of the Grady- he seems so deep in thought!

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep speaking out! This PC "stuff" has muzzled too many Americans and made them afraid to say what they think! This IS America - you're free to speak - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

B

12:49 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

But I love your cat pictures! The grey-green boards set off their eyes beautifully!

7:15 PM  
Blogger kemtee said...

Grady is handsomeness (?) personified. But don't tell him I said so. Mustn't inflate his kitty ego.

Thank you for your ending paragraph. Makes me feel better to know that someone really DOES get it.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home